Saturday, February 20, 2010

Butterfly Princess Turns 5

present [IMG_4749]

Today was Tyler's birthday party. The theme was butterflies and, at first, it was going to be at the park. But, the forecast was for rain.

Now, usually, we laugh at forecasts of rain. I mean, really, when does it rain just because the weather man say there's a chance of rain? Especially, here in the valley! But, Brandy, in her wise motherly intuition, chose to go ahead and move the party inside.

Good thing, that. 'Cuz, it was raining when we left and it was raining on the way home.

birthday girl [IMG_4761]

Brave Brandy, actually. She had several 5 year old girls in her house when we arrived.

They were all coloring.

Amazing.

coloring [IMG_4767]

Of course, there were butterfly stickers...

...and butterfly wands...

...and butterfly tiaras.

What else could a butterfly princess want for her birthday?

new spin on an old fave [IMG_4770]

A new 'spin' on an old favorite {sorry, just had to do that}...

Pin the butterfly body on the wings!

butterfly princess [IMG_4772]

{I want butterfly wings}

Grams and B [IMG_4797]

Grams and Brooks.

ready to open presents [IMG_4777]

And, finally, it was time for presents!

opening presents

After crafting all week, I was very excited about the party today. I couldn't wait for Tyler to open her present, even though I knew that all little 5 year old girls throw clothes to the side and look for the toys at the bottom of the gift bag.

And, again, I was not disappointed. Even though it may not have been the most popular gift, Tyler was soon wearing one of her hats {which came with several different flowers and butterflies} and even came in to change the butterfly for a rose. Later, the rose was changed for another flower.

And that was exactly how the present was intended to be used.

silly face [IMG_4793]

You gotta have a silly face picture!

Happy Birthday, Tyler!
May you live to be a hundred years
With one extra year to repent.
~Author Unknown

2 comments:

The Nettles Family said...

Kim...you make it impossible for me to want to blog about our occaisions! Your put yours up so fast and they are so cute that I just want to link to them!!! Thanks for the hats...she does love them and so do I! You have been such a good knit gifter lately!

jill marie barrett said...

i know another 5 year old girl that would love this! and i know how you feel, i want butterfly wings too!
jill b



best viewed with Firefox