Papa lived for his grandchildren. He lived for Michelle's singing, working the CD table. He even rushed himself out of the hospital just to attend one of her performances with oxygen in tow {well, not just any one, but the one in the Dodge Theater}.
Papa lived for his great-grandchildren. He was blessed to see four of them be born and grow up a bit. Presley was the last.
This is a picture of his chalkboard, his last calendar. You can see how important Presley's birth was to him. A three star event {and, knowing Papa, I'm sure its a three star rating scale}.
Last year, Tiffany asked me to take a picture of it and I am so glad she did. A chalkboard is a fragile place for memories that we want to hold on to and {eventually} all chalkboards must be cleaned off and have new things written on them.
All the same, I'm glad to have this recorded a little more permanently.
Miss ya, Pop
Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak whispers the o'er-fraught heart and bids it break.
~ William Shakespeare
![Papa's last calendar [IMG_0514]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/4328846915_fa193612ea.jpg)

3 comments:
That is so sweet...
aww. I am so glad you took that. I need that for Presley someday. I still love that. I am so sad he has been gone 2 years already... but thatnks for all your amazing pictures!
Kim I love looking on your blog. Pop did love his family so much and I am glad that he has left such great memories with me and all of his family!
Post a Comment