Keith's brother John had his 50th birthday party a few weeks ago. I should say that Lori surprised John for his birthday several weeks ago since his birthday is early in November and he was surprised by a backyard full of people ready to celebate! Even Michelle & David flew in for the event.
It was an evening party, so I've just got a few shots. None of them of the birthday boy or his stealthy wife, or even the welcome guests from Nashvile. But I'll share them anyway.
Nummy cake. Lori also brought in mexican food from Mixteca (our favorite place for parties), but you can see where my priorities are.
Lori obviously spent a lot of time preparing for our viewing pleasure a collage of John's lfe. You can see childhood pictures, school pictures, pictures of when they were sweethearts, pictures of when his children were little, pictures of him as a fireman and recent pictures of him, his family and his friends.
How can I pass up a picture of a smiling cutie?! I can't, of course.
This was the first time that we had the pleasure of seeing little Ryder Thor. Sleeping peacefully. Not disturbed by his great aunt Kim and her flash. Good thing - its going to happen a lot in his life.
Sleeping besides the god of war, is Brooks who also isn't bothered by the flash. Whew.
Most of our time was spent outside by the fire pits (there were two). Here is Presley on Brandy's lap.
Leah borrowed the camera for a short stint and took a few pictures of herself and Emma.
I just sat by the fire pit and took pictures of fire. I think I'm becoming quite the pyro.
Keith and Leah by the fire pit. It was a chilly night so the fire pits were nice to sit by. Now, for anyone not living in the deserts, 'chilly' is a relative term and we love to use it in the 'winter' so that we feel that we actually have more than two season; those seasons being: hot and really hot.
Happy Birthday, John.
The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
~ Muhammad Ali










1 comment:
The picture of Presley on Brandi's lap is georgeous. Your Dad will be proud of your shot! I'm just proud of you in general. Love, Mom
Post a Comment