Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thanksgiving with My Parents

Z & Keith

What a difference a year makes. Zella, who generally is shy (especially shy with men) and takes a long time to warm up to us, warmed up to Keith as soon as we arrived.

Charlie, E & J playing on the wii

Charlie brought their wii and we brought an extra controller so everyone can play. This is how we know which games we like because Charlie has all of the good games.

L & Z

Leah is Zella's favorite and Leah is always getting good pictures of Zella for me because of that.

Z's choice of toys

All the things Zella played with: Grammy's flannel boards, Zella's my little pony, and Zella's stuffed animals.

Z & E

Emma is also Zella's fave.

Keith & J

Always nice to capture a picture of Keith where is he smiling.

dinner time!

Ah, dinner. My favorite time of the evening.

I think I was all pictured out since I took so few pictures this day compared to taking so many the day before. But, we enjoyed our time together: talking, laughing, playing, eating. And, I think we made it though the entire meal with out any politics being talked about, which certainly improved the mood of all.

And, now I am almost caught up {with my two Thanksgivings and a wedding}. And, I've making progress on uploading the Christmas program videos. Just don't ask about Christmas shopping or if the Christmas tree is up {hasn't happened yet}.
For flowers that bloom about our feet;
For tender grass, so fresh, so sweet;
For song of bird, and hum of bee;
For all things fair we hear or see,
Father in heaven, we thank Thee!
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox