Ah, finally, we got around to decorating the Christmas tree. Or, rather, as I read on someone else's blog, we decorate the house slowly in December and Thursday was the day we decorated the Christmas tree.
Sound believable?
This year, I went low key. I only put on a few decorations. I even didn't get out all of the kid's decorations that they made when they were little (even though that is my favorite part of decorating the tree).
I did get out my camera and take a few pictures. { You would wonder if I wasn't feeling well if I didn't. }
I was glad to get the tree up a full week before Christmas. There have been years that the tree was put up even later than this and there just isn't enough time to enjoy the Christmas season when that happens.
Next, get that holiday shopping done!
Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries-old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow her, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2,000 years ago followed a star, week after week, until it led them to a parking space.
~ Dave Barry





1 comment:
i can't wait to take mine down!!
jill b
Post a Comment