Tuesday, June 24, 2008

One of My Favorite Things

This is our big mulberry tree. This is one of the things that I love about our house. It must be over 30 years old and gets bigger each year. In the summer, it is full of birds that sing loudly. When we irrigate, these birds fill our yard looking for food.

mulberry tree spring growth
1. February 29, 2008, 2. March 11, 2008,
3. March 13, 2008, 4. March 27th, 2008

It always seems to burst into green each spring. This year, I photographed the transformation and I have realized that it only seemed to burst into green. It really is a much slower in real life. This is the closest we get to seasons!



IMG_2795
May 29, 2008

Its a little late for posting spring pictures, but Keith was trimming up the tree so he can mow underneath without hitting his head on the branches and I was reminded yet again how much I love the tree.


Though a tree grows so high, the falling leaves return to the root.
Malay proverb
from www.gardendigest.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have always loved that tree. and the one on your back patio!
jill b



best viewed with Firefox