Monday, June 16, 2008

Catching up

We got new beds for Justin and Emma. Their matresses are no longer on the floor. Emma also got new bedding since she was using my old comforter and sheet set from when I was a kid and the elastic was shot!

We still haven't painted the red stripes in Justin's room, so I think I'm just going to plan on painting over the 4th of July weekend.
IMG_2897IMG_2905

Jill and I will be celebrating Father's Day with Dad this Wednesday, but since we were close by, Emma and I droppbed by on Sunday to see the kittens. Who can blame us, they are sooo cute. They are so identical that the only way I can tell them apart is that the little girl (named Cinders) has an obviously bent and the boy doesn't.
I can't remember if I've blogged the story of these two siblings, so bear with the repetition if you've already read/heard it. The kids at the school that Mom works at found a new-born kitten one day at school. The kitten wouldn't survive without a wet-nurse so she went home with a family that had a mama cat with kittens about 3 weeks older. Luckily, the mama cat accepted little Cinders, who is named after Cinderella because her older (adopted) sisters would 'walk all over her'. Mom was going to keep the kitten once it was weaned. Mom and Dad had wanted two kittens, but this was good enough.

Four weeks later, the kids at school found another kitten, most likely Cinders' brother because they look almost identical. By this time, this kitten had been weaned. He was a little young to leave his mama, but he could eat solid food and was going home to meet his sister. This one is Lil' Bit.

And true to cat nature, the kittens have chosen their master. Cinders is Dad's and Lil' Bit is Mom's.
IMG00021
IMG00022
IMG00024
Dad is really enjoying the kittens. His favorite game with them is to put them on a plastic bag (from the grocery store, etc) and then slowing pull them around the kitchen floor.

IMG00014IMG00027
Our now highly pampered pumpkin plant. The heat is wilting the leaves so we've had to put up a shade to help keep it alive. We've got our big umbrella up until we can make a shade. But even with half of the plant wilting on a daily basis, the growing pumpkins are getting quite big. The main one is now larger than a store-bought cantaloupe.

And lastly, Keith is home resting after surgery this morning to fix a deviated scept..., er, the inside of his nose. Oddly, the discharge instructions include a referendum on making life changing decisions for the first 24 hours.

Ability will never catch up with the demand for it.
Confucius

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

missed you yesterday
i hope to see you soon
jill b

Mrs. Nettles said...

ok, so... ours aren't growing... well, actually we have like a 4 foot plant and thats about all.. looks like we might loose this years competition, but watch out next year... ha ha!!



best viewed with Firefox