Monday, June 2, 2008

Stuck

I have a confession. Don't get too excited - it isn't that juicy. So to make this post somewhat interesting, I'll throw in a little eye-candy to interrupt the rant of the guilty (all taken by me - lately I've got a thing for taking pictures of flowers) .


I haven't knitted since I finished my Yosemite sweater. (Remember - you were duly warned).


Not that I haven't had time. I just have been spending my time on other things. And the real reason isn't that I want to blog or work on my digital scrapbook. No, it is because after re-starting the Coachella sweater for the 3rd time and, even though it is 4 inches smaller around, it looks to much too big and will give a way to generous view of the 'girls' than I like. How many times can I re-start a project and have it go wrong before I give up on it?


So, now I've got to decide. Am I going to set it on the shelf to come back to and start something I really want to knit? Am I going to give up and count the cost of yarn as the cost of learning by trial-and-error? Am I going to take the yarn and just make something up as I go? Or am I going to buckle down and just try one more time to get to the same point before and see if it really is too big?


Knowing myself, it will probably be the last one. Time will only tell.

The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn.
~David Russell

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox