Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankfulness

Each year, I have taken the month of November to focus on what I am thankful for. It's purely a selfish thing for me as I desperately need this practice to keep an even keel, but perhaps you might find that you are thankful for some of the same things.

Today, I am thankful for all kinds of new technology that we have to keep in touch. Email, instant messaging, texting, facebook, twitter, all of these help a geeky girl like me keep in touch with friends and family in a way that I just wouldn't in any other way. Just today, I got an email from my childhood bestie that she is coming to visit for Christmas and continued a 4 or 5 day conversation with my daughter that has included at least 50 email messages so far.

What technology are you thankful for? How do you keep in touch?

1 comment:

jill marie said...

i love your thankful november! like you, i am glad and thankful for all of the new ways to keep in touch. like on tuesday, i was in church and the lady next to me was knitting. i thought it was funny and i wanted to tell you. i couldn't call right then, that would be rude, so i texted you...
had i waited til i got home, i might have forgotten.

i love november thankful month!

jill b



best viewed with Firefox