Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thankfulness

None of us come into this world knowing how to do too many thing, certainly nothing productive. And, if it weren't for the people who love us, who taught us, who made us feel like we could do it {whatever it may be}, we couldn't do what we can do today.

When I was 12, my grandma taught me how to knit. When my youngest {now 16} was 2, I wanted to knit her a sweater, my first knitted project. It had been years since my grandma taught me, so I called my mom and had her talk me through {over the phone!} how to cast on. The fact that I even thought I could knit by what I remembered and some coaching over the phone is a testiment to how my parents raised me.

Today, I got to go pick up my mittens from the fair grounds.

mittens, used.

Thanks, Mom

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox