You see, our old washer washed its last load of laundry about 3 weeks ago. Keith tracked down a part that held the potential to fixing the washer and giving it a few more years of life. After waiting for over a week, he called the supplier to find out where the shipment was and found out that they hadn't shipped it yet (what? hadn't shipped it yet? really? such customer service!)
Now we had been without a washer for too long so we bit the bullet, canceled the order for the part, and went shopping. Home Depot had washers and dryers in Nevada that could be here by Wednesday - not going to work for our schedule - we had to do laundry today! So, we moved on. And, as it always goes when Keith goes shopping, a deal was found. We stumbled upon a matched set in Loews and got a screaming deal because they were display models.
So, we get to take these beauties home and install them. I was just over joyed. I don't think I have ever had a matched set before and I was just giddy. Keith and Justin got them in the house and installed. We did the required wash-without-clothes and then we were off to a card party. When we got back home, we were ready to start laundry.
We were so excited...
Can you tell that there is more to the story and it isn't the happy part? I'll tell you the angels stopped singing for me last Saturday night and the 'why' will be evident shortly. And I only caught it on "tape" because I was so excited about the new washer.
Thankfully, there is a happy ending to this story!
We've heard of people inviting their friends over to see their new washer and dryer. Who would have ever thought of that happening?
~ Steven Peterson
Epilogue
When Keith got the washer working, he woke me up to let me know that the angels were singing again. That was probably somewhere between 1am and 2am, so I don't know if you heard them start their chorus again. Thankfully, they sing quiet, restful choruses at night so we all get good sleep.
It wasn't until the next day that I realized that we were very lucky that we didn't just ruin our brand new washer!
It doesn't take too much effort to figure out what is the moral of today's story.




3 comments:
at the time our new washer first started "walking" towards dad, i was playing something on the computer. i remember hearing something very loud and then two people laughing. this should be a lesson for every person who buys a new washer and dryer on clearance, take out the shipping bolts before your washer walks out the front door.
thank God, i thought it was pixie or the kitty cat in the washer!
that happened to one of my girlfriends in high school, didn't end pretty...
This totally CRACKS me up!!! This is hilarious! I am glad you got them things working :) I {LOVE} front loaders.....
Post a Comment