Grammy and I painted Emma's room a couple of weeks ago (boy am I behind on blogging). Pappy had hurt his back so it was down to just me and Grammy.
Emma has been quite patient. She has watched Leah and Justin both get their rooms painted over the past two years. So it is certainly about time that her room get a fresh look with a fresh coat of paint. Emma and I had gone up to Loews to pick out the color. We brought quite a few paint swatches home and in the end Emma picked 'Orichid House' which is just the loveliest shade of lavendar I have seen.
Well, it wasn't just me and Grammy that were painting. Justin helped us reach the ceiling of the soffit because he is just that tall. It wasn't even a stretch for him like it is for me or Grammy.
We painted, then ate our lunch outside and talked while we waited for the paint to dry. We certainly solved quite a few of the worlds problems. We started to paint coat number two sometime around 3pm and sure enough we got Emma's room painted in one day. Whew.
It was nice to be able to take off the tape right away! I think this is the first time that I didn't get paint all over myself. Usually I've stepped in the paint or got it all over my hands (or both).
We got Emma's bed and furniture back in her room. The next project on the to do list is to sand and repaint (white) the shelves that were in her room. Its been started but it only happens on the weekend when Justin is available since the sander gives me a headache. But as long as we make slow and steady progress, we should be done by - oh - next spring.
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
~ Steven Wright






1 comment:
love the color!! it is very calming. i will show you what charlie made me last saturday. but i am waiting on something before i post it...
ok, it is a planter in our backyard.
Post a Comment