...and Keith needed to get breakfast {I have a my own special breakfast that I always take along}.
As Keith got his breakfast, I quickly snapped a picture of how the street names are stamped into the sidewalks.
It was a quick ride to the ballpark.
We walked along the bay side of the ballpark to get to our seats
We sat underneath the large coke bottle and baseball glove, which also happen to be a big slide for kids who don't want to watch the game.
The day started out overcast.
We came prepared for cool weather after attending {and freezing at} the bowl game last year. My sister gave me the bestest earmuffs for Christmas!
We sat right next to the ASU band. They are a lively bunch and it was very entertaining to watch them play.
The midshipmen section for Navy. The naval officers on the field were apart of the team that held a football field size American flag during the Star Spangled Banner. It was awesome.
Our national anthem with a flyover!
I loved the cards that Navy used as signals for their team. Everyone has their own scheme but theirs takes the cake. One card that came out latter had fast food symbols including McD's.
We had three climates that Saturday. The cloudy, overcast day. Then, the sun came out and we had the sun in our eyes but at least we were warm.
Then...
... the sun went down and instantly we were cold. My hands were cold and my feet were cold. That was when I realized that we hadn't really dressed any warmer than the previous year's bowl game, we just were outside earlier in the day. Boy was I glad it was a day game!
The game itself was the best game for ASU fans to watch. We love the new coach and love the new direction of the program.
Navy is a class act. We walked down to watch the band play the fight song and one of the workers there at the stadium gave us a little bit of Navy trivia. Apparently, Navy's tradition is to let the losing team's band play their fight song and then the winning team's band plays. The Navy team will stand behind the opposing team's band while they play, even if they lose the game. They take that tradition so seriously that they recently benched a starting player who left the field early and went into the locker room after a disappointing loss. At least, this is all according to our very informative host.
We took the bus back to the hotel and then walked back down to the pier. We walked around and decided to eat at Boudin's. We had a 45 minute wait so we walked through their museum. They had bread shaped as all kinds of creatures.
Plus, you can look down into their bakery and watch them make bread.
The large item with glass over it has small round dough balls that are resting. The trays that they are in move from left to right and after they rest, they eventually fall out the little chute that is at the bottom of the picture. You can see one little dough ball on the chute.
There are several that have fallen off the chute onto a wooden table. A worker takes these and puts them onto trays. Once the trays are full, they are placed in a separate ares so the dough can rise.
To the left of the large glass contraption where the dough rests, is a round machine where the dough balls are formed. The dough starts out at the bottom and as it winds its way up the cone shaped machine, it is rolled into little balls of dough.
I love to make bread so it was just fascinating to watch all of this. I, of course, decided to take a video just as we were called to our table so I only have this one picture.
The food was wonderful. Big surprise there.
I prefer a wet San Francisco to a dry Manhattan.
~ Larry Geraldi


















1 comment:
I read your blog and love it so I nominated you for a Leibster award.
http://theselittlewagons.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/liebster-award.html
Post a Comment