I know I've said this before, but I am quite the fan of purlbee! And they have the cutest felt projects that I have loved making. The Valentine Heart Barrettes are even easier than the Rose Barrettes to make!
I did have a hard time finding the mini clippies. The ones that I found were just under an inch and I had to adjust the pattern size to cover the clippies but the basis of making them are the same.
After cutting out the hearts, you put the clippy in the back piece.
Then, with the front, sew the pieces together. I made some with three layers, some with two and then some where I skipped this step and just had a solid color clippy.
This is what the back of the top looked like when I was done sewing.
After the top has been sewn together, the top and bottom are sewn together, with the top of the clippy inside but the bottom of the clippy outside.
These were really easy to make and I made six in less than two hours.
And, of course, there has to be a hat to go with the clippies! I used some of the wonderfully soft cotton yarn left over from my layout sweater {made last summer}. It was a sport weight yarn, so I doubled up, using two strands to crochet the hat.
And, why not throw in a little variety in what can be clipped to the hat? You know, Tiffany loves big flowers.
The flower pattern comes from a crochet afghan pattern {that I made for Leah a while back, my first blogged FO}, one that has flowers that I loved and I still happened to have left over yarn from. I only had to make a few changes to the pattern to make it a full fledged clippy. To see how I attached the clippy to the flower, I have pictures in this post.
To give and then not feel that one has given
is the very best of all ways of giving.
~ Max Beerbohm
![Birthday girl [IMG_7685]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5134/5402119903_2626eacfcd.jpg)
![step 1 [IMG_7588]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5260/5409286798_2508a20c8d.jpg)
![step 2 [IMG_7593]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4119/5409290734_30bda8c92d.jpg)
![back of hearts sewn together [IMG_7595]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/5409294362_a55296cf0d.jpg)

![All six hearts [IMG_7647]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5172/5408700493_cb99078f87.jpg)
![Clippies and hat [IMG_7645]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5300/5408703965_4a60fedcdf.jpg)

![hat with flower [IMG_7639]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5213/5408710773_be99b795bc.jpg)

2 comments:
You are getting sleepy ... I want one! I love the big flowers! I love the hearts! I'll trade you one custom fleece banner for some flowers ...
Jill b
Those are super cute mom :]]
Post a Comment