After church on Sunday, we went straight over to the care center where Grandma Nelson lives to celebrate her 94th birthday. I, of course, forgot my camera and had to resort to using my phone to grab a few snapshots of the afternoon's festivities.
London and Presley helped Grandma blow out her candles. Very helpful girls, I say.
Grandma was in good spirits. And she should be. She was surrounded by those who love her. She has lived well past what the doctor's thought once they took her off all her medicines a couple of years ago after repeated hospital visits and rapidly declining health {hmm, were those medicines helping?}. She has outlived hospice care - they actually gave up on her, she just lived too long. I've lost count of how many great grandchildren she has but it is over 20 {30?}, and I know of at least 6 great great grandchildren {there could be more}.
And, she got cake!
Happy Birthday, Grandma!
Past birthday celebrations: 93, 92
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count.
It's the life in your years.
~ Abraham Lincoln
![Grandma's 94th birthday [IMG_20110116_132358]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5082/5368027727_d99b003cb0.jpg)
![help with the candles [IMG_20110116_132431]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5168/5368032303_8a9718b50c.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment