After dinner, we stopped off at a lookout point to view the sunset. It was the perfect time. The sun was just setting, the sky was just turning pinkish...
...and the mosquitoes were just waking up to have their dinner.
I snapped a quick few pictures before I was covered in mosquitoes. I think we stayed a grand total of 5 minutes before we were back in the car, hitting arms and legs as we ran back to kill off whatever might have managed to grab on.
Once back in the car, I was jealous because the family that was there when we drove up was still sitting there, enjoying the view. But, within a minute, they too started hitting arms and legs repeatedly just as we did.
{Next time, we are packing Off.}
So, I must content myself with sunset pictures through the front window of the car. The first few had spot marks {no bugs were harmed in the taking of the rest of these pictures} so I had to find a spot on the windshield that was clean - which is a hard thing to do on the return trip.
And with that, the sun was soon behind the mountains and we drove home in the dark. It was a lovely evening, but it just made us want more, made us want to go camping.
[in the Midgewater Marshes] What do they eat when they can't get hobbit?
~ Merry, Lord of the Rings
![sunset @ lookout point [IMG_6441]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4097/4930573729_4bbd3def52.jpg)
![sunset view from the rim [IMG_6443]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4143/4931169060_576534bfa1.jpg)
![sunset on the drive home [IMG_6445]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4930584217_97af741483.jpg)
![the sunset gets better and better [IMG_6446]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4137/4931181644_1f317aa0d7.jpg)
![side view of the sunset [IMG_6456]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4101/4930620727_fb61b6e25a.jpg)
![good-bye sun [IMG_6460]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4123/4931221746_c858a5e2a1.jpg)
![the last view of the sun [IMG_6461]](http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4140/4930635307_2fbede4e48.jpg)

1 comment:
That last picture is spectacular.
Love, Mon
Post a Comment