From the dearth of posts, you can tell how well I've been feeling lately. And, quite frankly, that is the entire reason for this post. For, I found that I started losing a bit of my life piece by piece. The last time I knitted was in November. I no longer did anything on Saturday so that I could be well rested for the work week. And, this was in addition to the do-nothing-in-the-evenings-all-week long-so-I-could-be-well-rested-for-the-next-day rule. Each day it was harder and harder to get up in the morning, even though I would get a leisurely 9 to 10 hours of sleep each night. The stress of my {most beloved} job, which is not a stressful job in the slightest, was getting to me.
So, my husband and I decided to finally pull the plug on my job and I put in my two weeks notice. September 16th was my last day at work. And, while I couldn't wait for the day when I didn't have to get up and work, my final day was such a day of extreme emotions.
I parked in "my" spot - the one farthest from the building. Ostentatiously to get exercise {the only kind I got} but most of the time it was because that was the only one available because I got into work so late.
I loved these trees that lined the entrance to our parking lot. Especially in Spring when they are full of yellow blossoms.
A final farewell to the 'new' building. We had moved here just a few summers ago.
There was some doubt as to if there was going to be a farewell lunch with my coworkers. My manager never got around to setting one up and, quite frankly, I spent Thursday night a little worried that I would be running over to Whole Foods to grab a sushi lunch by myself with the lack of initiative shown by my coworkers. Yes, a pity party thrown by me kept me up which is never good for my head.
But, my dear friends at work did not disappoint me. While there were people on my team who called in sick or who had surprise guests show up and took a personal day that Friday, I did have a few good friends on Friday that took me out to lunch at P.F. Changs.
And, really, I'm a small crowd person anyway.
We had a really good time and I thoroughly enjoyed their company...
... and the salmon!
And, sometimes the fortune just happens to fit your life 8)
I spent the rest of the day packing up my desk and writing my 'see ya' email. After waiting so long to quit and the drama around the lunch, it was really a bittersweet moment for me to say good bye, not having enough time to walk around to say goodbye in person and talk to people as much as I wanted to. But, those who were in the office that day and those who had close relationships with me dropped by to say goodbye.
I used to tell people that I went to work to be around people like myself, since I'm an introvert and definitely geeky. Many of my coworkers I had worked with at a previous company, meaning I had worked with some of them for 17 years. They knew me when my kiddos where babies and when I was just a youngin' myself. I will miss them all dearly.
That withstanding, it was a relief to turn in my badge...
... and, say goodbye to the WHITE environment that was my work home for a while that was not so kind to my head.
As I was walking out to my car, I saw this. Pretty cool.
{Fear the Fork}
The past two weeks I've spent sleeping, recovering from overdoing it those last two weeks in the office. I'm starting to feel a little bit better, starting to get up and clean the house a bit, organize, etc. I've also been taking long luxurious baths and doing lots of reading. It will be a while before I will be able to knit; it is still just too stressful to think about it. But, I do hope to garden, start back blogging again, and recapture other things that I used to do but stress drove away. Quite frankly, I've forgotten all of the things I used to do.
But, the possibilities are just endless...
There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.
~ Bill Watterson,
Calvin and Hobbes










No comments:
Post a Comment