Our Happy Camper
We brought Monster along with us this time.
We weren't sure if this was a good thing or not...
Our campsite. It is a quick trip up to Dead Horse Ranch and we left right after work, so we were able to make it before nightfall.
It was a chilly weekend, for sure.
Our view
Emma and me
Keith's world famous breakfast!
And, hot chocolate to keep us extra warm
Steamy
Morning knitting
So, the night before, somehow, we got on the topic of how you can light Fritos on fire like a candle. Since we were eating with other people, I suppose, we didn't try it on the spot. We waited until the next day, in the privacy of our own trailer.
Ok, ok, really, it was only me who has never seen this little trick.
I've lived a sheltered life.
It was sooo cold that weekend. We decided to drive up to Jerome. It was that or stay in the trailer all day long.
Road trip it is.
Jerome is up in the mountains that overlooks the campsite. The clouds were low that day. It was raining down low and snowing up at higher elevations.
Snowing.
In April.
{heaven}
For desert dwellers, seeing snow on trees like this, was just a treat. I can't remember the last time I drove up north to see the snow. I know Keith took the kids up north within the last 5 years, but I wasn't feeling up for that trip, so this was a big treat for me.
I was just enamored with the low lying clouds and the snow on the trees.
We parked and walked around town.
Monster came with us on our trip into town. She was carried so her little feeties would get too cold but she didn't like that. Monster is feisty, she is not a purse dog. She really wanted to walk.
One of the neatest stores we went into was a Kaleidoscope store. It had all different kinds of kaleidoscopes, big and small. If you look closely, you'll see Emma's face in the above picture.
It is an amazing store. You definitely have to stop by the next time you are in Jerome.
Everyone gets to hold Pixie.
Emma and me
On our way to the Toy Store
We had a lot of fun in the Toy Store. The owner has some of the toys out of the box and is playin with them when you come into the store. One of them caught Keith's eye right away - an automatic fart machine with a remote control. He mulled it over. Should he buy it or shouldn't he. He couldn't decide. We left the store without it but as we were walking down the sidewalk, he was still talking about it. It was a good deal. Think of all the uses. It had a remote control. What would Uncle Larry do?
And that was the deal clincher because Uncle Larry would have bought it
{don't ya know it}.
So, we are the proud owners of a remote controlled fart machine.
You have been warned.
Walking back to the truck, it started to snow. Could the day have ended any better?
I think not.
As I have said before, all good things must come to an end.
We were actually quite frozen and were very willing to come home and thaw out. I think that is the first time we have ever be happy to come home to a hot desert home.
Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
~ Roger Miller
![Happy Camper [IMG_0528]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8281/7665227242_edfa9e87e4.jpg)
![Mop top came too [IMG_0527]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8434/7665241574_d222424dea.jpg)
![Campsite [IMG_0530]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8293/7665248740_d59a761c3e.jpg)
![Our View [IMG_0531]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8010/7665254404_b5a8c081bc.jpg)
![E and Me [IMG_0533]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8167/7665264214_4e6370abc2.jpg)
![Keith's World Famous Breakfast [IMG_0535]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8160/7665270440_e67afcc293.jpg)
![Steamy morning windows [IMG_0543]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7112/7665294104_cb6b42c33c.jpg)
![Morning knitting [IMG_0545]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7274/7665301392_55bf9f204f.jpg)
![On the road to Jerome [IMG_0559]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8028/7665326244_4e2fcb39b9.jpg)
![Snow! [IMG_0563]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8005/7665336750_88b8b53669.jpg)
![Jerome [IMG_0567]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8290/7665352114_13995d9727.jpg)
![Parking [IMG_0570]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7131/7665871432_46467e74f1.jpg)
![E & Monster [IMG_0571]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7247/7665878652_98f0ea4520.jpg)
![At the Kaleidoscope Store [IMG_0574]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7128/7665888094_a1157c9405.jpg)
![Keith and Monster [IMG_0577]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8028/7665898912_c33c99691b.jpg)
![The Two of Us [IMG_0579]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8026/7665914416_1bb484f87d.jpg)
![Jerome [IMG_0580]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8147/7665923364_a046f8174a.jpg)
![Shopping [IMG_0581]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8028/7665936202_13f026c38c.jpg)


1 comment:
love the kaleidoscope (did I spell that right?)videos.
love you, Mom
Post a Comment