We found out late and were worried that we missed it! But, luckily, we didn't miss a thing and were able to catch the whole thing!
I remember going outside as a kid and taking a piece of paper with a hole in it and seeing a solar eclipse on the ground. It was fascinating.
It hasn't gotten any less fascinating at all.
But, the piece of paper has gotten a little bit bigger.
Actually, we just were not prepared and grabbed whatever we could find.
Finger puppets
Eclipse progress
and more progress
And, then we remembered that we had a solar lens that came with Papa's telescope. So, Keith quickly set it up and we got to see the eclipse! Way too cool.
The peak of the eclipse. You have to look very closely to see the sliver of sun.
Emma noticed the funny shadows that our big mulberry tree left on our neighbor's house.
The eclipse made all the shadows look funny. I had my hand open, waving.
This was the perfect debut for my new camera which was wonderful with it's 20x zoom {and, boy, wasn't that helpful to zoom over to the neighbor's house - and that sound more creeperish that I would like}. So glad I had a chance to test it out before Justin's graduation this week {oh, my}.
The clouds I can handle. But I can’t fight with an eclipse.
~ Jacob Black, Eclipse
![the beginning of the eclipse [IMG_0007]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8002/7238038000_04ddcb8585.jpg)
![My assistant [IMG_0008]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7233/7238308920_d2203ce1d9.jpg)
![the prop [IMG_0009]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5316/7238324446_ba1cf9b599.jpg)
![Finger puppets [IMG_0011]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7212/7238343992_9245bdefaa.jpg)
![eclipse [IMG_0012]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7096/7238358330_f2d138c62d.jpg)
![eclipse [IMG_0015]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8021/7238368602_d7027f1184.jpg)
![telescope with solar lense! [IMG_0021]](http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8164/7238397166_b16bde059c.jpg)
![eclipse at it's peak [IMG_0020]](http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7082/7238377502_7d410f6f2e.jpg)
![cool shadows [IMG_0022]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5459/7238408770_7dc26a23c1.jpg)
![distorted shadow [IMG_0023]](http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5467/7238417952_0c8f49b783.jpg)

1 comment:
Hi Kim,
I'm the community manager for AllFreeCrochet.com, AllFreeKnitting.com and AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com and I'm very excited to be seeking new talents dedicated to yarn crafts, specifically knitting and crocheting.
I would love to discuss some opportunities with you.
Please feel free to email me at cweiher@primecp.com if you are interested.
Thanks so much,
Christine
Editorial Community Manager
AllFreeCrochet.com
Stitch and Unwind
Post a Comment