Thursday, September 15, 2011

Celebrating August Birthdays {In September}

We finally got around to celebrating my Mom and Sister's birthdays.

Just a smidge tardy.
{Noticing a trend?}
Sadly, I think we are rubbing off on my family...

My poor mother would be rolling over in her grave. That is, if she were in the grave. She is not. She actually is quite healthy and probably not too bothered about when we celebrated her birthday because her birthday is at the end of August. It's Jill's birthday that is at the beginning of August...

But, I digress. 

Mom's gift [IMG_9130]


I had made a set of 12 Venezia napkin rings {ravelry link} for my Mom.

I actually started a long time ago {hinting about it here} and had to set aside the project out of frustration. Apparently, I was uptight {who'd have guessed} and it showed up in my knitting making working with wire unbearable.

I picked it back up early this year, and found that, all of a sudden, I could knit with wire and off I went. I finished them while Keith was in the hospital for his gall bladder surgery {an unblogged drama. Sorry dear readers, you have missed out because of poor migraine management this year}.

Jill's gift [IMG_9133]


Jill got a fun book of things to do with Zella and some 'ingredients'. It will come in handy now that they are officially home schooling.

peanut gallery [IMG_9134]

The peanut gallery

Z's ingenious hat [IMG_9139]

Zella 'made' a hat out of some ribbon, an Easter egg, and some fabric squares.

We all got a chance to wear it...

Aunt Jill and the hat [IMG_9140]

...even Mom

even I got to wear her hat [IMG_9141]

And, if you dropped the egg, you would get the 'red ticket of bad luck'.

Obviously, I didn't want a red ticket of bad luck. So, I walked with as good a posture as I could and didn't drop the egg once.
{Really!}

And, I even used it as an opportunity to sneak in a rare picture of Zella who usually is camera shy for me.
{I am sneaky like that}

by the pool [IMG_9143]

Now, the reason we made Jill host her own birthday celebration was so we could use her pool!

Being September already, we are dangerously close to non-bath water temperature pool water which officially ends the swimming season for us dessert dwellers.

Especially those of us who don't have heated pools.
{Which we don't}

jump! [IMG_9142]

Jump!

Zella is quite the swimmer. She was the last one out of the pool.

Which reminds me of my childhood.

And makes me want a pool...
{sigh}
Happy Birthday Mom and Jill!
If one synchronized swimmer drowns,
do all the rest have to drown too?
~ Steven Wright

1 comment:

jill marie said...

Love the quote! Thanks for the presents. We will be using them very soon!
I love you!



best viewed with Firefox