My sister and I had lunch with our Mom on Saturday. I came from Emma's last track meet (to be blogged later after I get the Easter Egg Hunt blogged) and really needed the cool indoors of a restaurant. For a Saturday afternoon, the restaurant was bare and we were seated in the bar where there were maybe 10 other people. Having the restaurant all to ourselves and having no pressure to move on, we sat and talked for hours about the sweet and bittersweet things of life.
Since I was dropped off at the restaurant (and I am always forgetting to get pics at the appropriate time), Mom drove me home so and Jill was left out of the pic with Mom and me.
Thanks Emma for taking the picture.
And, as has been my pattern this year, I've been a little crafty. I made my mom a knitted bracelet cuff from pink colored wire and jasper beads. Of course, I had to wear it myself, just to make sure it was made well. It isn't good to have the toggle fall off of a handmade gift {not that that happened, or anything}.
It was hard to give away.
Jill made me a bracelet (she's generous like that) but I can't find my picture of it right now. I'll have to post a pic later...
Sunday, we dropped by Grams and Paul's house for a little while, somewhat unannounced. We all tried to leave the phones alone but it wasn't just the kids that got in trouble for texting that afternoon.
I made Grams a knitted bracelet of gold colored wire with brown shell beads. I loved how the beads matched the color of the wire. The wire I used was a lighter weight and it was so light that it would barely feel like you were wearing anything at all.
Another one that was hard to part with.
As for me, I was blessed to get breakfast in bed. Amazingly, I actually forgot that it was Mother's Day and thought I was running a little behind for church and got up for my shower and had to go back to bed (a little sheepishly) for my breakfast. Breakfast came complete with flowers that grow around the house including some jasmine which is almost out of season but still quite fragrant.
Thank you, Emma and Justin, for such a beautifully prepared breakfast. Thank you, Keith, for shopping for my favorite breakfast items and for setting such a good example for my boy.
In the evening, I had the pleasure of Leah's company. We got to spend time with her, talking about what is going on with her, and other such fun things. It was after she left, that I realized that I didn't get a picture with her. But she did leave me with beautiful roses. I had to wait until today before I had daylight and time to take pictures of them, but they are still quite beautiful.
So, as you can see, I had a full and happy Mother's Day.
An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.
~ Spanish Proverb
![Mom and me [IMG_8384]](http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2538/5708305255_9b8af8643e.jpg)
![Bracelet for Mom [IMG_8379]](http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2740/5708877894_b38a5eea2a.jpg)
![Keith and Grams [IMG_8415]](http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2369/5708882802_409b24c988.jpg)
![Grams' bracelet [IMG_8402]](http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3122/5708323947_503a766940.jpg)
![breakfast in bed [IMG_8385]](http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2686/5708911930_54b31a31c4.jpg)
![yum! [IMG_8393]](http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3627/5708918452_2f675bd706.jpg)
![roses from m'girl [IMG_8459]](http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3302/5708404463_a68908552e.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment