Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt and the Bunny Nugget Parade

I know its halfway through May and Easter is the last thing on your mind, but I'm way behind on this blogging thing, so please bear with me. If only Easter weren't so late this year...
{as if that were the problem}

This year, we had the bestest distraction...

distraction by presents

Presents!

Grams brought presents for all the little ones and they were quite enthralled while Leah, Justin and Emma hid the Easter Eggs.

More hiding [IMG_8242]

hiding places [IMG_8243]

Hiding [IMG_8241]

Hiding places [IMG_8246]

Hiding [IMG_8244]

hiding places [IMG_8249]

in the kites [IMG_8248]

But the time soon came when we had to bring them out...

T [IMG_8254]

holding them back...

... and hold them back before letting them go hunt for eggs.

We decided to go a little easier than we did last year and hide a few in easy to find places.

C found one [IMG_8259]

Chase

R found one [IMG_8261]

Ryder with his Ami.

L helping Box

London helped her baby brother to find Easter eggs.
{and she did so very nicely}

P found a few Easter Eggs [IMG_8264]

Presely

After the hunt [IMG_8266]

We may have been a little too generous in hiding the Easter eggs in easy places because the hunt was over pretty quickly. Everyone found their 10 eggs and there were no missing eggs!
{when does that ever happen?}

Later that afternoon, everyone got to pick their very own bunny nugget!

Z picks her bunny nugget [IMG_8282]

Zella

T picks her bunny nugget [IMG_8283]

Tyler

L picks an aqua bunny nugget [IMG_8285]

London

P picked her fave bunny nugget [IMG_8286]

Presely

R picks the purple bunny nugget

Ryder

Aqua bunny nugget for C [IMG_8289]

Chase

B selects his bunny nugget

Brooks

And since all the kiddos got theirs {and I made way too many}, all the ladies were given their turn at selecting their very own bunny nugget.

Tiffany get to pick her own bunny nugget [IMG_8292]

Tiffany

Torri selects a pink bunny nugget [IMG_8293]

Torri

pink bunny nugget for Brandy [IMG_8294]

Brandy

Peach bunny nugget for Debbie [IMG_8296]

Debbie

Pink bunny nugget for Lori [IMG_8297]

Lori

A Peach Bunny Nugget for Leah [IMG_8298]

Leah

Grams and her bunny nugget [IMG_8299]

Grams

Grammy with her bunny nugget [IMG_8300]

Grammy

Jill and her aqua bunny nugget [IMG_8301]

Jill

E gets the last one - the skinny aqua bunny nugget [IMG_8302]

And Emma got the very last one, the skinny aqua bunny nugget that I made when I was running out of aqua yarn. She was happy that she got the runt of the litter {and so was I}. It was secretly both of our favorites.

Now, I know that I've just now set a precedent {yikes}. But, I'm already scouring the patterns on ravelry in search of the perfect Easter giveaway for next year...
For I remember it is Easter morn,
And life and love and peace are all new born.
~ Alice Freeman Palmer

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox