Now, that was the month I went AWOL, so you haven't had a chance to read all about it. Here are some of the highlights...
Golf ball sized hail
The storm stripped the trees bare.
There was mayhem in the streets.
{And that really is a picture of the street and not our yard}
It had actually hailed twice that day. The first storm was a normal, every day, no catastrophic damage encountered storm. It was the second storm that caused all the damage. And you can see both storms in this piece of hail.
Fast forward to this week. When we were getting our new roof.
They have been putting up the trim all last week, being careful to not work before 9 am.
{The princess and her pea strikes again.}
The contractor brings his son {very cute kid}. He left his legos over the weekend in our carport.
They started on the roof Saturday morning while we had a mini vacation at a hotel with yummy breakfast bar. But, that kind of treatment for the entire time the roof is being worked on just won't be happening. So, while everyone else is suffering through the supposed 6 am construction worker start {has that happened yet this week?}, I'm off spending the week at my parents house.
And the pampering continues...
The first time I tried organic wheat bread,
I thought I was chewing on roofing material.
Robin Williams
![golf ball sized hail [IMG_7104]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5186/5636796988_e3353ba33f.jpg)
![more golf ball sized hail [IMG_7101]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5230/5636801774_e64bae84e8.jpg)
![trees stripped bare [IMG_7108]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5308/5636225997_a14cac1089.jpg)
![our street, not our yard [IMG_7122]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5185/5636811062_985b6c6473.jpg)
![hail inside hail [IMG_7127]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5141/5636814102_b40638561e.jpg)
![new trim [IMG_8057]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5105/5636597034_b65d5dc94c.jpg)
![Roofing contractor's son's legos [IMG_8053]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5110/5636605164_b987850312.jpg)
![New Roof (yay) [IMG_8062]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5309/5636617794_987e589074.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment