Sunday, December 12, 2010

The State Game

trip up north [IMG_7396]

The Sunday after Thanksgiving, we drove up north to watch the kids' high school play in the state championship game for their division.

snow! [IMG_7402]

And, I'll take any excuse to see snow!

observatory [IMG_7405]

It was a nice drive up after a leisurely start. Near the staduim, there is an observatory.

domed stadium to play in [IMG_7406]

Thankfully, the stadium is covered! It was quite chilly that day.

just in case you were thinking of it... [IMG_7410]

This was posted on the roof which was very close to the ground. It was very easy to walk right up onto the roof. Apparently, people needed to be told not to walk on the roof.

The sign only made Keith want to walk on the roof.

let the game begin [IMG_7413]

Ah, but let the game begin...

working [IMG_7424]

Justin was the manager this year. He filmed the team's games and practices, setup the water and practices and helped the coach. He did a lot of work. But that is what Justin does. He is a hard worker. Naturally.

I am quite proud of him.

working [IMG_7430]

Emma, given the choice of sitting around waiting for a ride or helping out the team, decided to be the water girl this year. She is a hard worker. She helped out the JV and Varsity team and put in many hours this season helping her team.

I am quite proud of her.

enjoying the game [IMG_7437]

It was really nice to spend Saturday watching the team play in the championship game. I've known many of these kids since they were in preschool with Justin and I helped out twice a month. They were so little then and now they tower over me.

I ended up texting my Mom what was going on in the second half of the game. It was quite an exciting finish.

we won! [IMG_7454]

It was a great game. Even better since we won. There was lots of celebrating on the field.

on the field after the win

The kiddos on the field.

celebrating after the game [IMG_7461]

After the game, we went outside and partied by the bus for awhile.

Emma refused to let me take a picture of her, so Keith held her so I could get at least on shot of her face.

dad & daughter [IMG_7466]

So glad he did. It's a great picture of the two.

We ended up leaving way before the bus, my poor fingers were frozen and I was getting hungry. We stopped for pizza on the way home (Crusties! Yum!).
Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in Chicago in January, only more intelligent.
~ Dave Barry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. One of my most favorite photos :)

Keith

jill marie barrett said...

i love flagstaff! and i like the photo too.



best viewed with Firefox