Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Betty and Hat Hair

football banquet [IMG_7483]

Last night, we spent the evening talking football.
{for hours}

It was nice that Emma and Justin and all of their hard work were honored along with the players and the team's accomplishments. Actually, Betty was called up first and then coach explained how he called her that and Barbara, Elizabeth and all kinds of {appropriate, girl's} names other than her own.

And then he called up Justin and told the audience how Justin never combs his hair. Hat Hair, I believe he said.

After harassing the kids for 20 minutes before leaving into wearing something appropriate and to look nice for the evening, I felt a little vindicated.

the suspects [IMG_7487]

And yet, even with all the ribbing, the hard work that these two did was honored in front of the parents and their team. I am quite proud of them.
Sure, luck means a lot in football.
Not having a good quarterback is bad luck.
~ Don Shula

1 comment:



best viewed with Firefox