Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Good Riddence 2013 :: Hello 2014

It's been a while since I've posted. I had really hoped that when I quit working that I would be able to blog a lot more frequently. And, wow, I got one post in before life came swooping in and off was another overwhelming life task. I was actually preparing a post on making yogurt when we got the call from my parents' neighbor that my mom needed some help and off we were.

At this point I'd like to do some explaining but I think summing up would be more appropriate.
{my apologies, Inigo Montoya}. 

My parents moved in and lived with us for two months before we placed my Dad in a nursing home that deals only with dementia. They are wonderful there. That is so important since my Dad is so high functioning - he knows he is in a nursing home but doesn't think he belongs in one yet so it was really hard to find a place were they didn't just place everyone in front of the TVs all day long. This place is like family, keeps everyone active and focuses on keeping their brains as active as possible. I love everything about them.
{So much for summing up}

My Mom also decided to live in assisted living so we moved her in just last weekend.

And, that is how we finished out 2013. Quite frankly, I'm glad to see the end of such a stressful year and I'm looking forward to the new beginnings of 2014.

I had always wanted to blog my Instagram photo's each month but never got around to it. I'm giving myself permission to let go of that for 2013, to not go back and blog what I didn't blog and just try again this year. But, recently, I made a Flipgram of all the people pictures that I took and posted last year. They are in reverse order from December to January. This makes me feel like I at least tried. And, really, isn't that what counts?

Enjoy!



Here's to a good 2014!
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!
~ Vizzini, The Princess Bride

No comments:



best viewed with Firefox