Leah dropped by after church and we got to spend time with her. And I took advantage of having all three kiddos together for a picture with Dad.
For those of you who haven't heard yet, Leah has recently bought her first car and it is a beauty! She is quite happy having her own wheels.
Amazing as this is, I have never bought a car by myself. Keith has been the one who has purchased all of our cars and I went from my parents house to our house and I was driving Keith's truck in college before we were married. So, I was proud of the way Leah got the list of potential cars from craigslist to go over with Dad and she did the deal making and everything.
Later that afternoon, we went over to spend some time with my Dad. It has now been 6 1/2 years since his heart attack and a handful of years into Alzheimer's. I am thankful for all of these extra years with Dad. That Zella, my niece, gets a chance to know him. That we all get more time with him.
One of my favorite memories of my Dad was when we were kids, he would gather me and my sister on his knees and tell us that we {and this would include my Mom} were his favorite three girls in the world. Never did it cross my mind that he couldn't have three favorites or that one might be more favorite than another. He just wasn't that way. We were equally his favorite. He also used to say to us that if he had known that having us {my sister and me} was going to been this much fun, he would have had more children {the number 6 sticks in my mind}. He always let us know how much he loved us.
Love you Dad.
We found a special greeting waiting for Zella on the sidewalk, who comes over on Monday afternoons.
We love you too, Zella!
A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms
when his hands are empty.
~Author Unknown
![Dad and his kiddos [IMG_8727]](http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3017/5857984953_c38781763f.jpg)
![showin of her new wheels [IMG_8728]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5118/5858559146_c57f9e42be.jpg)
![Dad and me [IMG_8730]](http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5037/5858569062_6c906a09ac.jpg)
![sidewalk greetings [IMG_8729]](http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2765/5858572428_af8f9deed3.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment